Wednesday, March 21, 2012

In Another Universe

I haven't really had any motivation to draw since my dog died.

Today I was sitting in class and trying to get the creative juices going again, and I wasn't producing much. Just some crap. Desperately wanting to draw something, but not having anything to really draw-- I'd spent the entire day previous animating, and that's not exactly all that stimulating for me.

I remembered a while ago I told my friend Jessica that whenever I thought of Alan's biological parents, I saw something along the lines of Alan Cumming's role in Reefer Madness.

That conversation came to me while sitting in Character Design, so I started to make a little sketch. It's not the best, but I decided I wanted to finish it. If Alan had been raised by his biological parents, he can be expected to have looked a lot like this. Tattoos, long greasy hair (ew) with beads, probably some piercings on his other ear, really thick nails that I would nooot want to get in the way of, and of course, a complete lack of clothes.

Satyrs don't wear clothes. Course I went with the assumption that like most animals, they keep their gear tucked away.

Alan never fit in anywhere as a kid.

Annie

6:01

1 comment: