Sunday, February 20, 2011

It's An Important Question.

After having success in the experiment I started last night, I wanted to try again, but this time I wanted something that felt more organic.

I wasn't happy that I spent five hours clicking and pulling points around with my mouse; I felt incredibly uninvolved with the piece, even if I really liked the effect I got at the end of those five hours.

So I tried to figure out how I could use one of my inked line arts, but to get the same cut out effect.

Five hours later.

I was having a hard time, my lines were fuzzy and not registering very well so I was having a difficult time colouring them. I can't tell you how insane it was driving me. Sarah normally scans her line arts in as black and white, which gets rid of a lot of the fuzz that happens when you scan things in colour. I thought this might solve some of my problems- but I'm prone to drawing with a red pencil. The creates a lot of noise when scanned in black and white.

So I took an eraser and scrubbed at my drawing like hell to lift off as much red as I could before I tried to scan it in black and white.

I got much cleaner lines! I could easily bucket in the colours and select the lines and erase them.

It's not as clean as my first experiment, but I did enjoy this drawing a lot more instead of thinking "I HATE the pen tool" or "this is extremely boring".

So I think this was a pretty successful attempt, and I might play around with it more in the future- because I am fond of the collage appearance of things.

10:24

Annie

No comments:

Post a Comment