Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Learning About My OC

Finished my second Valentine; it's actually my fourth, but I'm holding off on two others till actual Valentine's day.

Anyways, Suka and Alan, my OTP from my original story. I ran into a problem when I realized that Alan has a tail-- and I still hadn't really worked out how his stupid satyr tail works with the fact that he wears clothing.

I would normally just draw his tail on top, and assume that a hole had been torn into his pants to allow his tail some freedom. I decided this was stupid, and it's dumb to have a bunch of holes in all of his pants when his tail is relatively small. It's not like a cat tail, or a Borrower's tail, it's just a small goat tail. So I did research! Mountain goats at ease generally have their tails down. Therefore, Alan can just hide his little stubby tail in his pants!

His species doesn't normally wear pants.

I also realized I'd been drawing Alan's horns all wrong, and I was giving him girl horns. Gah.

So I corrected this oversight, and curved Alan's horns appropriately, and I will, in the future, be giving them a wider base, as per billy horns require.

I learned a lot about my character that I probably never needed to know. It's fun figuring out where to draw the line, when working with half breeds.

I love this couple, I really do.

Annie

11:45

No comments:

Post a Comment