Sunday, July 4, 2010

It's way too hot to be doing anything.

This is me being unable to actually stay off my computer.

Well, actually, this is me trying to draw something, failing at what I was trying to draw, sifting through my portfolio for idea's and finding a butt load of stuff I never bothered to scan.

So, I scanned it! Buahahaha, course. Okay so basically, I'm trying to see what happens when I put doodles on my blog horizontally instead of vertically. Click here for proper size, please!

On the far left, we have two pages of something I tried, got embarrassed about and stopped. I had so much work left to do, but by this point I'm probably not going to touch them again. I picked a scene from Rise, and I was scribbling it out in little pages and blew them up. I wanted to try painting them, to see how it all fit together, and in the end, I decided for something like this I'd much prefer digital.

Beside that, Ainmire! I miss his grumpy face.

The next one is probably one of my favourite doodles of Tinette ever, because it just kinda happened and looked good anyways.

The following three are a series, each one drawn after the last as I hated them and didn't think they were lively enough. Too stiff and boring. By the end, I got a pose I was okay with, but I'd burned out and didn't want to finish.

Ninja and Rebel, being sibling-y. I specifically designed Rebel to be everything his sister wasn't, as they were supposed to be complete opposites in every way, instead I just wound up with an insanely boring character; who's only concern is his little sisters well being.

Alan and Suka, a doodle I have no idea what I was thinking about or where I was going.

This was me gettin' into the pokemanzzz. And being epic fail at slowpokes, I had to ask Chelsea to draw it for me! I like drawing in ballpoint, and I generally wind up liking everything I draw while at it. I like drawing chunky things.

Tinette, in some winter wear, probably lined with real fur. I don't think she's actually effected by the cold, or she would be really really damn frigid.

Suka and Verden, shortly after Verden saves Suka from unintentionally almost starving herself to death.

And of course, Ninja! I don't know what it is about her, but I like her quite a bit. In real life, I'd probably want to kill her, but as a character, I care about her a lot. The ceaseless, hyper, never ending supply of energy that doesn't know how to stop talking.

I am going to try and draw again!

6:54

Annie

No comments:

Post a Comment