Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Back in the Day, In a World Far Away

I finished my babies.

Once upon a time, these two were destined to be together. Unfortunately for them, I changed a lot of things as my story grew and evolved and got out of hand.

The way things went is that Suka's family was murdered by a demon when she was younger. Her mother, father, and brother. She escaped at the expense of her older brother, who gave his life to save his little sister.

Suka then escaped further demise by running away and ran into a traveling group of demon slayers (Just recalling all this makes me feel lame). She met a man she immediately attached to as a father figure (replaced now by Dr Verden). And so, Suka grew up, knowing how to beat the crap out of anything that crossed her path. She was seeking revenge for the death of her family, and hunting down the demon who did so. That demon was Eli, of course.

Along her journeys, she was commissioned to rid a village of a particular demon who was robbing their people of their souls, and parading their empty husks around like toys. There was a slight hitch; the demon she was hired to kill, wasn't a demon. Just a confused young man who'd removed and stored his soul away. Suka wasn't about to kill an actual human, so, she forcefully returned his soul to him; and this is how they met.

He wasn't exactly grateful or coherent after being restored, so Suka had to look after him until he was healthy again.

They got attached.

I was sitting at home, swamped in my homework, and I just started to think about it; and I really missed these two. I favoured the weak and pathetic Suka more than I did the strong willed and independent Suka, because one had much more room for character growth, and a much better ending. The only problem was that a weak and afraid Suka couldn't be with Yukio, because I couldn't get her to the point in the storyline where Yukio was waiting. Not on her own, not without help.

Besides, this Yukio was incredibly boring. He's like Rebel is right now; no emotions, no anything, not interesting.

But I do miss them, they were sweet hearts, back in the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment