Thursday, December 9, 2010

Year by Year Summaries

Sat down and filled this out, because I did the same thing last year. A quick summary!

January, something clicked. I was still in Visual and Creative arts year two, and I was still working on my portfolio, but after watching Princess and the Frog and returning home from my shortened Christmas break, something was different. I drew this quickly to show Chelsea how I ink things, and I was surprised how well it turned out.

February, still struggling and having a hard time because I wasn't enjoying the year I was in (at least some aspects of it) and spent all of business class doodling. DQ loved this picture- and he loved the design of it.

March, a ballpoint drawing done in my media studies class. I had a hard time picking something I liked, but this one was one of my stronger, more confident drawings. Drawing directly in ink, even ballpoint, forced me to be a little more confident in what I was putting on the page, because I couldn't erase it.

April, just another, confident ballpoint drawing.

May, things picked up a bit. The best digital painting I have done to date; Tinette in an atmospheric room with a bottle of red wine.

June, another Tinette drawing. A month where I didn't have a lot to pick from, but in terms of anatomy and design, this was my proudest moment.

July, a traditional art trade I did with my coworker. I designed myself a new pencil case and as such started to carry around more art supplies to work with while at work.

August. This is quite literally the only drawing I have for the entire month; these were not my most creative times.

September, School started up again and my creativity started to get back into full swing. A drawing of Suka I inked on the computer, testing out my photoshop skills.

October, not much in terms of tangible pieces. A lot of sketches, not a lot of finished work, though I did finish this one water colour drawing after a concept I came up with over the summer.

November. Somehow I exploded with art this month, but my favourite was this blue painting of Suka and Yukio; a really simple concept, with basic cell shading, but I loved it so much, and I still love it, even a month after its conception.

December: The month isn't totally over yet, but so far, this one is my favourite.

Looking back, I'm a little stunned- as I take last years, and I look at my best of my best, and I see,

Artwork I have since locked into storage.

IMPROVEMENT IS NIGH!

Despite the fact that I really feel like I'm not moving anywhere, haha. It sort of just sneaks up on you.

Annie

12:27

No comments:

Post a Comment