Saturday, May 16, 2009

Haha! No, I don't feel any different.

Wow what a busy week!! I finally got something finished x3 Actually, I got quite a few things finished...

I've already informed everyone about my job, and this is what I do on my lunch breaks! I doodle. I work with a girl named Alysia (pronounced Alicia) and every day, weather permitting, we go outside for lunch. I draw, and she reads a book, and we don't.. really talk to each other at all XD because we're social like that.

Anyhow, the results of my week came up with these doodles, numbered in the order I drew them. I spent all of friday night and today working on colouring them, so I could put them up here 8D

I named them all, but yeah...

1. Suka. Because while I was talking to Alysia, she asked me if there was a character I drew the MOST, and I was like... Oh yeah! However, opening my sketchbook and flipping through, there were.. no pictures of Suka. which surprised me. Well there was one, but it was RP related, and after she got healed, which doesn't happen in her original story. So I spent the lunch doodling up a Suka that didn't come from the RP.

2. Ninja. You know, I've NEVER drawn a picture of this girl that I've liked =/ I'm not even that keen on this one, but at least I've finally designed her an outfit I'm okay with. Painted this to be a profile picture for a new RP I'm stepping into =] Ninja hasn't changed much from her original design, probably because I never settled on a design I liked. She always had short red hair, she always wore the ninja headband thing, and I never settled on anything for her. Except, she's always been insanely hyper and happy and treats EVERYTHING in life like a game. Leads to some tense situations, but whatever she can't take care of (she's very capable) Rebel can handle. Normally.

3. Rebel. I cringe whenever I say these names XD But there's no way I'm changing them because they were created around their names, and as lame as they are.. *Shrug* I'm still okay with them. Rebel has gone through three redesigns, this being the third. His first design was TERRIBLE. He had short short hair that stuck up everywhere, and looked like he was twelve years old. He also looked like a generic anime character. His second design was very good (at the time), however I was unable to ever, ever replicate it. He had red hair then, and orange eyes. Ah, and yes, he was human at that point. When I stumbled across an unfinished picture of Ninja in my file, I knew right away I wanted to use these two for the RP. Rebel has always been a deserter for the sake of his little sister, and the pair has always been parentless, but turning him into an elf made for a more interesting back story. It also let me change his hair colour and make him a lot older than he looks (I'm thinking he's 50-60 years old). And I'm very fond of his hair XD That I didn't change from his second redesign, even though that design was heavily anime influenced. Same style, different colour. Kept his clothes practically the same from his second design, though I scraped the short little cloak and I gave him longer sleeves and more practical gloves x3

4. Dailan. Another design I struggle with.. I don't know why, but I never feel compelled to finish anything I start with him. Hence the flats! I guess I just don't know him well enough yet. His design will probably change a few times before I get around to actually using him in my story XD

5. Kara and Ainmire! I wasn't going to move past the flats on these two... but I really really wanted to colour Kara! She's new, as I posted a few back, another design I salvaged from my file. Ain is Ain, not much to say there, except I can bet he's willing to do near anything to get Kara to focus on someone other than himself. These two were coloured really quickly, seeing how fast I could speed up the process without making it look like a slop. I.E. I was being lazy and I'm trying to make it sound good XD

6. RP Suka! It's nice to be able to draw her full face every now and then. Yeah, character with half a face.. is DAMN hard to express emotions with. So technically the pose she's in isn't really possible, but I liked the way it looked and decided to play the perspective card and not touch it! I enjoyed colouring this one a lot, and also made it my new Gaia signature. I don't know why I bothered XD I hardly post on Gaia anymore. I drew this after my previous drawing turned into a horribly messy scribble and I reverted to drawing something I was more comfortable with!

I like number three and six the most of this batch =] Probably going to start making this a habit, drawing all week then colouring them and posting them on the weekend. It's funny that I've drawn more during work than I did during that one week off I had at the start of summer. Every day when Alysia and I sit down for lunch she asks me, "So what are you drawing today?" which leads to a new doodle. I had three others I did't put up, because I wasn't feeling it. I'll give them a run again next week!

I started inking about two weeks ago when someone told me she'd love to see me colour something inked, just because. Well I tried it.. and I realized it saved a bloody shit load of time to just ink things right away. It also preserved the integrity of my drawings, not reducing them to awful smudgy messes, and even with my terrible scanner, they were that much easier to colour. I don't pencil things much anymore, skipping right ahead to my marker, still working on my line weights and such (though I'd probably have more variety if I used a larger marker, .3 is just too much ><) and have found a system that works very well for removing my blue lines. My next target is to actually learn how to use the non-photo blue pencil Xd but it's so hard to SEE, I forget where all my lines are!! XP. I'll work on that.

Saving up for new equipment!!

Also over the course of the last week, I turned 19 =] Nothing special, hell, I didn't even tell anyone it was coming because I kept forgetting, but when it finally came about it didn't end. On the day of my birthday, I got 18 posts on my facebook wishing me birthday wishes, Chris, Corrin, and Jason texted me, Alysia remembered it was my birthday from when she'd asked last week, and I came home and got cake and presents. The day after, I got belated birthday wishes from a few friends, and came home to a present mailed to me from my friend living in Sudbury =]. The following day, my grandparents stopped by to give me some money (and a candy bar, because Nanny thinks i'm getting too skinny) and we went out for dinner, all together. And yesterday, my dad bought me a bottle of mint chocolate baileys to mix with my hot chocolate. It's supposedly very tasty!

It was an awesome birthday, even if I spent it working and sitting at home on my computer.

Thanks to everyone who remembered <3 It meant a lot to the person who forgot it was around the bend =]

No comments:

Post a Comment