Tuesday, August 23, 2011

This Is How We Do It

I thought I'd start this entry off with a picture I drew last week. It's a redraw of a concept I tried last year, and I was getting frustrated with myself because I couldn't draw anything that didn't look super stiff and rigid. I made some slight adjustments when I brought this over into photoshop, but for the most part, it is the exact same drawing I drew last year-

And I am much happier with the results this time around, even if they aren't perfect. They're a little less stiff, so hey, it's a start!

Also the black on red helps.

Yaaay, sketch dump! So, I've been practicing with a steel nib pen, because I get finer lines out of it than I do with even the smallest fine liner- however, my hands shake something fierce, and I'm really not used to using a steel nib (I haven't touched one since middle school). As such, my lines are horrifically uneven, wiggly, and shaky at best. But hey, practice makes perfect, so here are some practice doodles.

I drew some Ainmires, some Sukas, a bunch of Ninjas, and couples! I like drawing couple pictures, so I'm abusing the hell out of the fact that two characters in a recent RP have a past together.

Today I was flipping through pages of the RP looking for things I haven't drawn yet- but all of my favourite moments, I've already drawn! Boo. I haven't drawn a lot of Tinas, I should draw some moments of her and... and... well, probably Irwin, because I find it funny.

Oh Irwin. You'll learn how to deal with the ladies one day, I'm sure of it. He's a smart man, he can fake it.

Ninja thinks she's batman, just so everyone knows. She's resourceful and very useful in a pinch, so long as that pinch doesn't require actual physical strength.

Yaaay, more couples!! This time I drew Garrett and Suka, at the suggestion of Sarah, but I haven't gotten around to sharpening this one up, quite yet. They're very cute and sweet, I miss them a lot.

Drew Alan, saying some things he probably wouldn't say (he rarely swears around the ladies, Jem would brain him), and Garrett, with a broken toothpick neck, and Shaari, I suppose she's singing-

And I drew Phineas and Suka again, probably a long time ago, and probably while they were dating. I like drawing cute shit. I might even add some colour to this lineart to sharpen it up some- see how far I can get without inking a lineart.

And then, just for shits and giggles, I drew Kara and Ainmire! Why? Because I think Kara's lovely, and I think her and Ain are so adorable it makes me squeal inside. D'AAAAW, so cute.

Ainmire can be loveable, I swear.

And that brings us to my last sketch dump, which is mostly Ninja fighting a yeti, Ninja bragging about how clever she is, and MORE COUPLES!

And this pair is DANCING.

I get obsessed with removing negative space when I'm drawing two or more people in the same picture...

I really like this last one, I even inked it and I'm getting set to add colours and finish it up all nice and pretty.

I like painting, once I get into the groove. Bar stools, here I come!

Annie

7:53

No comments:

Post a Comment